The Cheshire Recreation Department offers a wide variety of events and activities to the residents of Cheshire as well as scheduling pavilion rentals and field use at the six major park facilities and the rooms at the Youth Center. Please see the links on the left for more information.
Recreation Department Office
Harmon Leonard Jr. Youth Center
559 South Main Street | Cheshire, CT 06410
Telephone: 203 272-2743 | Fax: 203 272-5858
General inquiries: email@example.com
Updated March 2, 2021
- Registration is now open for Mixville Adventure Camp and Therapeutic Recreation Camp which are both scheduled to begin on June 28.
- The next session of Dog Obedience will begin on March 7; click here to register.
- We are now accepting applications for summer paid and volunteer positions. Please visit our Part-Time Job Opportunities, TR Mentor Application, or Counselor in Training links for full details.
- We will not be accepting rental requests for Park Pavilions or the Youth Center until April 1, 2021.
- The ice rink will not be opened for the Winter 20-21 season.
- Tennis Guidelines for players
- Town of Cheshire staff is is in the office, however the building remains closed to the public.
- Weather related cancellations will be posted as the need arises! We also post cancellations on our Facebook and Twitter pages. If Cheshire Public Schools are operating on a delayed opening or are closed for weather, then our programs beginning before 10:00 a.m. are cancelled.
- Cancellations and changes will be available above in the NEWS section within the hour before your program is scheduled to begin. Cancellations and other announcements will also be posted on Facebook and Twitter. Please check back before heading out to your programs as this information may change throughout the day depending on the weather. Facebook, Twitter and our website will all be updated if necessary.
New events coming soon!
From Hartford and North:
Take I-91 South to Exit 18 onto I-691 West. Take Exit 3 to the end. Turn left onto Route 10 South. Travel approximately 5 miles to the Youth Center entrance on the right just past Cheshire High School.
Take I-84 West to Exit 27 onto I-691 East. Take Exit 3 to the end. Turn right onto Route 10 South. Travel approximately 5 miles to the Youth Center entrance on the right just past Cheshire High School.
From New Haven and South:
Take I-91 North to Exit 10. Take Rt. 40 connector to end. Turn right onto Rt. 10 North. Travel approximately 6 miles to the Youth Center entrance on the left, which is just before Cheshire High School.
Take I-15 North to Exit 61. Turn right at end of ramp onto Whitney Avenue, which becomes Rt. 10 North. Travel approximately 7.5 miles to the Youth Center entrance on the left, which is just before Cheshire High School.
From Waterbury and West:
Take I-84 East to Exit 26 onto Rt. 70. Travel approximately 4 miles to traffic light (Getty Station on corner). Turn right at light onto Main Street. Travel .3 miles. Turn right at light onto Route 10 South. Travel approximately 1 mile to the Youth Center entrance on the right just past Cheshire High School.